Thursday, March 20, 2008

Gratitude is everything

You’ve probably heard this many times before, but I’m going to say it again. The most important thing you can do for yourself, is to be in a state of constant gratitude. For everything in your life.
Being grateful for what you have, even if it’s very little, and God, or the Universe, your Magic Genie, or your higher self, whatever you believe in, will bring you more good things to be grateful for.

I keep a gratitude journal which I write in daily. I started with five things every day, but that number has grown. You can write in it first thing in the morning, or last thing at night, it doesn’t matter when, as long as you find something every day to be thankful for. And mean it.

I decorate my journal with bright “stickies” for fun, which I buy for a few pennies. All my pages are covered in brightly coloured hearts, stars, fish, fruit, fairies. You name it. This shows the Universe that you’re having fun and that you think it’s worth the trouble.

Don’t think you have much to be grateful for? How about saying Thank You for your hot shower every day, because there are people in this world without any water to drink. Or food on your table. Or you can say Thank You for a good night’s sleep. If you express gratitude for all the abundance you have in your life, then just watch it start flowing to you.

The trick , as I said before, is to mean it. Don’t just pay lip service.
Start right now. Take out a piece of paper, or a notebook, and appreciate five things. Your spouse. Your children. Your job. Your car.

If you have to struggle, don’t worry, you’ll soon get the hang of it and pretty soon your hand will have trouble keeping up with your mind. That’s fantastic.

You don’t have to show it to anyone else. This is between you and the Universe. You’ll feel better for it, I guarantee.

And if you want to do something about your abudance right now, too, take a look at: http://www.happyrichandfree.com/, fill out the form and I’ll see you there.
See you next week.

No comments: